In 2010 there was a famvin post that asked the question “Do we tell the stories of our Vincentian saints often enough?”
Georgia wrote “We need heroes. We need to give kids heroes. Without heroes, they will give us gangs.” And worse.
Some food for thought. We have a history full of heroes – Vincentian and others. Do we tell the stories of the saints and especially out saints often enough?
The various portions of the famvin complex of websites offer some very rich resources.
Overview in timeline format with links to Vincentian Encyclopedia (available in various languges)
- Blessed Lindalva Justo de Oliveira
- Beata Margarita Rutan
- Sister Giuseppina Nicoli
- Seton Harvest by Regina Bechtle
- Louise de Marillac: Her Life as Parable Fr. Dennis Berry
- St. Vincent’s Life as Parable Fr. Dennis Berry
- Five Faces of Rosalie Rendu
- Comparing the Lives of Vincent and Frederic
- Five Faces of Vincent
- Soulfire – Rosalie Rendu (Four parts)
Lists of Vincentian Models
- Vincentian Encyclopedia entries related to saints
- Litany of the Vincentian Family (download Word doc)
- Saints (10)
- Blesseds (19)
- Venerables (2)
- Servants of God (19)
- Models not yet recognized officially (Suggestions?)
Organizationally Savvy Saints in the Vincentian Family – Regina Bechtle