SETON HILL U. CELEBRATES SISTERS OF CHARITY OF SETON HILL DURING FIRST NATIONAL CATHOLIC SISTERS WEEK The Seton Hill University community celebrates the legacy and work of the Sisters of Charity of Seton Hill, and all Catholic Sisters, during the inaugural National Catholic Sisters Week from March 8 to 14, 2014. The week is part of […]
In addition to these most recent resources developed by VinFormation, perhaps you will find inspiration ...
"Lent’s gifts are paradoxical, but they reaffirm a great truth: in bringing both our poverty ...
"Walk with us as we deepen our faith!"
Depaul USA Walkabout 2014 Saturday, April 12, 2014 at 9:00 AM Help End Homelessness One Step at a Time The Depaul USA Walkabout is a 5k run/ 2k walk to raise funds for Depaul USA and help end homelessness one step at a time. Join us and change the lives of Philadelphians experiencing homelessness! Proceeds from […]
St. Catherine University, in conjunction with the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation, is launching National Catholic Sisters Week (NCSW) as part of National Women’s History Month. The celebratory week is intended to shine a spotlight on the good works and good will of Catholic sisters and demonstrate their relevance to young women today. As part of […]
“Change your way of thinking!” I was really struck the first time I realized that the root meaning of “metanoia” or “repent” was “change your way of thinking”. Since then every Lent I try to look at what needs to change in my way of thinking about what God is asking of me and specifically in […]
The official dates of 2016 World Youth Day in Krakow, Poland were announced today, March 7, during the press conference of Cardinal Stanislaw Dziwisz, Archbishop of Krakow and Bishop Damian Muskus OFM, head of the organization committee. Main events of WYD will start Tuesday, July 26, 2016 and last until Sunday, July 31, 2016. Related […]
Pope Francis has asked the treasurers of the thousands of Catholic religious orders around the world to meet in Rome this weekend to discuss how they can use their orders’ financial assets “for the service of humanity.” reports the NCR. Sr. Evelyne Franc, superior general of the Daughters of Charity. will be one of the […]
HerKentucky writes in celebration of Kentucky women during Women’s History Month… ” You may guess that Spalding University is named after Catherine Spalding, but did you know just how influential Spalding was over the care and education women and orphans? She gave a voice to women with no voice, believing that they were worthy of serious […]
Vincentian Heritage journal expands reach with new digital format The official journal of DePaul University’s Vincentian Studies Institute, Vincentian Heritage, will change to a digital format beginning with its newest edition, volume 32, on March 6. The biannual peer-reviewed journal includes articles on Vincentian history, spirituality and praxis. Since the first issue in 1980, Vincentian […]
The March formation presentation from the AIC for use by members of the Ladies of Charity seems especially apt as we begin Lent… and not only for the Ladies of Charity but all followers of Vincent and Louise. REFLECTION FOR MARCH: Vincentian Charism: An Encounter with Christ in those living in Poverty Text: Selina Suarez […]
“Lent is also a time of confrontation, as we come face to face with the poverty in ourselves.” G. Gregory Gay, CM Superior General Congregation of the Mission. Lent is a time to grow in our understanding and commitment Christ. Perhaps that is why I was struck by Caroline Cerveny SSJ who encourages all who have […]
Get Updates via Email
- John Freund, CM: Pope encourages use of images in prayer ...
- marguerite broderick: So happy to see Sr Ellen's artwork here as we beg...
- Beth: It seems to me that Jesus indeed told us to see Ch...
- Sara Howley: Jesus is in glory, seated at the right hand of the...
- John Freund, CM: The gift of a Sister of Charity's life http://ca...
- Fr. Gregory Gay re-elected Superior General July 8, 2010
- Daughters nominated in Mother's Day competition February 27, 2008
- Systemic change – turning a city around – partnership and ending the dependency culture February 21, 2009
- Thinking more deeply about Haiti – "underlying causes and long term solutions" January 19, 2010
- New Seton Logo Unveiled March 27, 2007
- Seton Hill U. celebrates Sisters Week March 8, 2014
- End Homlessness one step at a time March 8, 2014
- SisterStory: Because I Met A Sister March 8, 2014
- Saturday Study Hall – “Change your way of thinking” March 7, 2014
- World Youth Day 2016 – Vincentian Youth Meeting March 7, 2014
How end poverty!
Christmas 2013 – CM Curia
- No to “Every man for himself”
First Sunday of Lent (A), March 9, 2014 – Gen 2, 7-9; 3, 1-7; Rom 5, 12-19; Mt 4, 1-11 Through the obedience of the one, the many will be made righteous (Rom 5, 19) The new Adam overcomes temptations. Through him, we are provided with a way out of trials, so that we may […]
[Read Full Reflection...]