In what amounts to a case study of the importance of water even in the United States, a former Daughter of Charity is forced to empty life savings for running water. Follow her story of how it cost more than $50,000 to end a month without water and get water running again… for now. GOLDEN [...]
Everybody is convinced something very special and very good is happening in Paris these days. ...
WWVD? – If you have ever wondered about this question here are resources that might ...
The important role that Vincent gave to the laity shows him as a precursor of ...
Lord have mercy! Victims, families, first responders – everyone impacted by the tornados - need our prayers! Please check the St. Vincent dePaul national website who no doubt will be involved in disaster relief. Related FAMVIN Posts:Sisters of Charity Nazareth aid tornado victims
What we have seen and heard we proclaim now to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us (1 Jn 1, 3)
Most Holy Trinity (C), May 26, 2013 – Prov 8, 22-31; Rom 5, 1-5; Jn 16, 12-15 Those chosen by Jesus to be his witnesses in the beginnings of the Church shared with others their experience with him. Jesus has been using their contribution, handed down through the generations as Apostolic Tradition and Sacred Scripture, [...]
You can almost feel the energy in this group as they meet in Paris for a week of exploration and training in what is involved in Vincentian collaborative projects. We expect to post a video of an interview with Fr. Gregory, Superior General. For more background visit Update-on-vincentian-family-collaborative-action/ Related FAMVIN Posts:Not too late for Paris…Something [...]
Celebrating the Bicentenary of the Birth of Frederic Ozanam In 2013, all over the world, Vincentians are celebrating the 200th Anniversary of the birth of Frederic Ozanam . To celebrate this time of special grace and blessing for the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, the National Office of the US is offering the following [...]
The sisters of Charity New York are offering another summer outreach/service experience June 1-9, 2013. The goal of Charity in the City 2013 is to assist families in the mid-island section of Staten Island who are recovering from Superstorm Sandy and help with beach clean-up. Participants will stay at a parish house in Tottenville with [...]
Both Vincentian Service Corps – West and Vincentian Mission Corps offer opportunities for a young people to a year of their lives and to be changed in the process.
…but a center of LEARNING FOR LIVING St. Justin de Jacobis in Kenya is a Learning Resource Center. They say it is not a school but lives by the motto “Learning for Living Sister Jocelyne Joly, D.C. writes in the Nairobi Kenya Journal June 2012 First let me share with you our new project name. The project [...]
Vinformation presents a video reflection “The Spiritual Fire Within” based on a presentation by Fr. Robert Maloney, C.M . It is based on text taken from SYSTEMIC CHANGE AND THE POOR General Assembly of the Congregation of the Mission July 2, 2010 Link to original presentation source on VinFormation here. Link to textual source Maloney systemichange summary and more [...]
BustedHalo offers some perspectives on this apparent blockbuster. The Great Gatsby has been touted as many things: one of the contenders for the title of “The Great American Novel,” a flash game, and now, a summer blockbuster. But for all the things that The Great Gatsby has been, a good example certainly is not one of them. The way that the story’s characters [...]
Subscribe to Updates
- jbf: Another view... ...
- jbf: Frequent famvin contributor Susan Stabile offers t...
- jbf: Another opportunity from the Sisters of Charity of...
- jbf: My apologies for missing Colorado Vincentian Volun...
- Éibhlis NicUaithuas: Also Colorado Vincentian Volunteers www.covivo.org...
- Fr. Gregory Gay re-elected Superior General July 8, 2010
- Daughters nominated in Mother's Day competition February 27, 2008
- Systemic change – turning a city around – partnership and ending the dependency culture February 21, 2009
- Thinking more deeply about Haiti – "underlying causes and long term solutions" January 19, 2010
- New Seton Logo Unveiled March 27, 2007
- Vincentian experience of no water in the US May 21, 2013
- Something new is happening … in Paris May 21, 2013
- Please pray! May 20, 2013
- What we have seen and heard we proclaim now to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us (1 Jn 1, 3) May 20, 2013
- Kickoff of Vincentian Family Collaborative Action Program May 20, 2013
Pentecost in 2 Minutes – Busted Halo
How to take down poverty – One block at a time
Video interview with Pope Francis
- What we have seen and heard we proclaim now to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us (1 Jn 1, 3)
Most Holy Trinity (C), May 26, 2013 – Prov 8, 22-31; Rom 5, 1-5; Jn 16, 12-15 Those chosen by Jesus to be his witnesses in the beginnings of the Church shared with others their experience with him. Jesus has been using their contribution, handed down through the generations as Apostolic Tradition and Sacred Scripture, [...]The post What we have seen and heard we proclaim now to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us (1 Jn 1, 3) appeared first on FAMVIN News.
[Read Full Reflection...]