We, the social justice representatives of the Vincentian Family of North America, invite us all to respond to the crisis of global climate change as one of the central ethical issues of our time.
Faithfulness to our charism challenges us:
- To efficacious compassion toward the brokenness of Earth and its life systems;
- As Vincent de Paul challenged us, to see persons living in poverty and on the margins as Christ and to understand that they suffer first from the effects of global climate change;
- To learn to discern and celebrate the presence of God in Earth;
- To evaluate our lifestyle choices;
- To integrate this heightened awareness in our consciousness, congregational documents and actions.
|Congregation of the Mission, Eastern and Western Provinces||Daughters of Charity, Provinces of St. Louise and the West|
|Ladies of Charity USA||Sisters of Charity Federation NGO|
|Sisters of Charity Federation office||Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati, OH|
|Sisters of Charity of Halifax, NS||Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth, KS|
|Sisters of Charity of Nazareth, KY||Sisters of Charity of Our Lady of Mercy, SC|
|Sisters of Charity of Seton Hill, PA||Sisters of Charity of St. Elizabeth, NJ|
|Sisters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul, NY||Society of St. Vincent de Paul USA|
|Vincentian Lay Missioners-MISEVI USA|
This document was edited and approved at the social justice representative’s conference call on 9/25/2013.