Phrase we have used in the Vincentian Family… do we know where they came from and what is their context?
- Leave God for God
- Turn the medal
- The poor are our Lords and masters
- Affective and effective love
- The poor evangelize us
- The poor are our judges
The following links are but part of an lengthy article by Santiago Barquín, CM with the title “The Poor in Theological Perspective”. As part of the weekly series exploring the riches of the Vincentian Encyclopedia these links provide background and context for these phrases.
- 5.3.1 Leave God for God
- 5.3.2 Turn the medal
- 5.3.3 The poor are our Lords and masters
- 5.3.4 Affective and effective love
- 5.3.5 The poor evangelize us
- 5.3.6 The poor are our judges
Tags: Barquin, Saturday Study Hall, Vincentian Encyclopedia, Vincentian Sayings