The March Vincentian eBook of the Month Club features Louise de Marillac, A Committed Woman compiled from various authors.
For Louise de Marillac the years 1625-1633 were a time of preparation and discovery and reflection for the incredible ministry that awaited her in the Company of the Daughters of Charity. Her collaboration with Vincent de Paul and her experience in serving the Confraternities of Charity allowed her to discover the importance of being in the midst of those realities that affect the life of the poor, the importance of respect for the person and the need for collaborative action. Her frequent reflection on the mystery of the Incarnation placed her in the presence of God’s commitment to the poor and this in turn led her to a deeper commitment on behalf of those who were poor and in need.
This eBook covers the range of her commitments to poor, children, the sick poor, abandoned children, galley slaves, the elderly. It also treats of her commitments on behalf of the laity, a verifiable commitment in the midst of the world, the missionary commitment of the Daughters of Charity and her personal, consecrated, commitment
The series was conceived as a follow-up to the Year of Faith, and will focus on the faith and spirituality of St. Vincent de Paul and St. Louise de Marillac.
A number of recent Vincentian writings have now been translated into English. We offer them here in several formats: epub (compatible with most eBook readers, all modern smartphones, iPad), mobi (compatible with Amazon Kindle), and MS Word doc.
Other Vincentian eBook offerings…
- Daughters of Charity: Martyrs in Madri Sister María Ángeles Infante, DC
- The Liberation of the Poor: The Vincentian Rule To Make the Gospel of Jesus Christ Effective Santiago Barquín, CM
- Louise de Marillac, A Committed Woman Various authors
- Louise de Marillac: Fully Woman Various authors
- The Prayer of Saint Louise de Marillac Corpus Juan Delgado, CM
- The Value of Gratitude Sister Carmen Urrizburu, DC
- The Value of Mercy According to Vincent de Paul Paulino Sáez López, CM
- Saint Vincent Confronts the Crisis of Values of His Era Luigi Mezzadri, CM
- St. Vincent de Paul and the “New Poor” Various authors
- A Samaritan Called Vincent de PaulJuan Julián Díaz Catalán, CM
- Vincent de Paul and Peace Various authors
- A Vincentian Reflection on Martyrdom Vinícius Augusto Ribeiro Teixeira, CM
- The Witness of the Spanish Vincentian Missionaries, Martyrs of the Twentieth Century Antonio Orcajo, CM