“The transfer of the relics of Saint Vincent, formerly housed in the chapel of the Daughters of Charity, rue du Bac, took place on April 25, 1830, during a grandiose procession from the square of the cathedral [Notre Dame] of Paris to the rue de Sèvres. The magnificent silver reliquary donated by the Diocese of Paris to honor the ‘father of the poor’ is the work of a very talented silversmith, Charles Odiot. The Saint is dressed in rich clothes that contrast with those he wore during his lifetime.”
– Translated from the website sainte-agonie.fr
Read the rest of the story in the presentation below.