It’s almost Advent again. Prepare ye, etc. Dear young adult friends: Vincent was a man of the Church. Even when it hurt. Go. Or at least be church for one another. You need to be in Advent to say #IamVincent. You need some Advent practices.
Advent reminds us to wait. It reminds us to be patient, take time for God and reflect.
In a season that mainstream culture tells us is all about the best deals, being first in line, checking items off the list, ADVENT tells us to do the opposite.
So here are FIVE ways to dive deeper this Advent:
1. Bishop Robert Barron’s daily reflections: More than 275,000 people have signed up to receive his e-mail. They are deep yet thoughtful and give you an “action item” each day.
2. Best Advent Ever: Join Matthew Kelly and other leading Catholic speakers for a daily reflection called Rediscover Mercy. You’ll receive daily inspirational emails with short videos, encouragement, and coaching for Advent.
3. USCCB Advent Calendar: It’s a virtual calendar that can help you fully enter in to the season with daily activity and prayer suggestions to prepare you spiritually for the birth of Jesus Christ.
4. Practice radical hospitality with Pax Cristi’s Advent booklet. E-version. Put it right on your phone or tablet. $3.50.
5. Watch some decent movies. Here. This will get you started. Talk to friends about them.
Advent practices. Practice them. One more step to saying #IamVincent.