“”Say little, do much” With these word the Vincentian Lay Missionaries mark their new website.
Vincentian Lay Missionaries are men and women who commit to serving the poor in Kenya or Ethiopia for 4-6 weeks.They work with the Daughters of Charity in both countries to build schools and libraries, and provide additional educational opportunities for children, teachers, and community members.
VLM is a Vincentian service program. VLM work closely with the Daughters of Charity and priests from the Congregation of the Mission. Vincentian spirituality is at the heart of the program.
What does it mean to be “Vincentian?”
- Vincentians believe in creating lasting, systemic change.
- Vincentians live in solidarity with the people they serve, and they listen to the needs of those who live in poverty.
- Vincentians promote peace and dignity.
- Vincentians live simply, but with a zeal for justice.
- Vincentians believe that service without reflection is just work! VLM participate in daily reflections while working abroad.