The following video is found on the website of the Chapel of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal in Paris. The English translation is provided below.
Welcome to the Chapel of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal.
This fresco depicts the night of July 18-19, 1830, during which Sister Catherine Labouré received the first visit of the Virgin Mary.
Four months later, on November 27, Sister Catherine, in the silence of prayer, saw the Virgin, her eyes lifted to heaven.
She presented the globe of the world to God, crowned by a small cross: it is the whole world, all people and each of us.
Mary is standing on the globe. Rays coming from her hands represent the graces that Mary extends to those who ask for them.
She crushes the serpent, symbol of evil. Around her head is a crown of twelve stars. She is the Mother of the Church founded on the 12 Apostles, and she is our Mother.
The two hearts of Jesus and Mary are illuminated. Mary was united to Jesus in His Passion. She shares now in His glory in heaven and intercedes for us who are in pilgrimage on this earth.
On the vault is the prayer that Mary invites us to recite: “O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to you.”
And the invitation which she extends to us: “Come to the foot of this altar; there graces will be given to all.”
Commemorative plaque: arrival of John Paul II, May 31, 1980.
To the left and right of the choir loft, two medallions in stone depict the martyrdom of the Daughters of Charity of Arras and of Angers during the French Revolution.
Saint Louise de Marillac
with Saint Vincent de Paul founded the Company of the Daughters of Charity.
The mosaic that crowns the shrine, and the cross below it, express her great devotion to the Holy Spirit and the Passion of Christ.
There are flames of fire around the statue of Saint Vincent de Paul.
They symbolize the charity that burns in his heart. He announces the Good News of Jesus to all.
At the center, a metal reliquary contains the heart of Saint Vincent de Paul.
We see him here with children whom he gathered from the streets of Paris in the 17th century. He led many men and women in the way of charity, and founded in particular the Congregation of the Mission and the Daughters of Charity.
Saint Catherine Labouré spent 46 years of her life at Reuilly, in humility, serving the elderly.
She died in 1876 and was laid to rest in a vault at the house in Reuilly.
In 1933, her body was placed in this tomb. Her habit is the one that was worn by the Daughters of Charity up until 1964.
“O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to you”
Tags: Mary the Mother of Jesus, Miraculous Medal, Rue du Bac, video