The second video of this series takes us to the small church of Folleville. Father Tomaž Mavrič recalls to us Saint Vincent entering that place to encounter a reality of spiritual poverty. Today, after 400 years, we see that the charism inherited from Saint Vincent remains current and challenging in the Vincentian Family’s dedication to evangelization.
You can see the first video of this third series in this link.
Let us recall that two series have already been published:
- In the first series of videos published in the month of January, Fr. Mavrič invited us to look with faith and charity at three objects that belonged to Vincent de Paul: his hat, his cape and his sandals.
- The second series was published in February, and includes the videos “The Globalization of Charity,” and “Your Call” and “Go out to the peripheries.”
These new videos were filmed on January 2, in Folleville. We wanted to communicate the feelings that Vincent experienced in January 1617 when he traveled to Gannes. Vincent was alone when he arrived at the de Gondi estate; no one was waiting for him. Today, that is different … today there is a community of brothers and sisters there. Folleville is much larger and today Saint Vincent is waiting for us!!
Fr. Tomaz Mavrič, CM tells us:
And here we are, after 400 years, called to go to Folleville again, to our own Folleville. Vincent was not really enthusiastic, at the beginning, really joyful, but did go at the end, passing through different obstacles to get the experience that was a gift from heaven. And we are now called to go through obstacles, not to be stopped, not for long roads, not for bad weather, snow, rain, or any other obstacles that we can find on the road. We are called to get to our own Folleville.
Folleville is waiting for us. It is waiting for us in so many parts of the world, in cities, villages: small, medium-size, big. In all the continents, there are Follevilles: the experience of spiritual poverty that Vincent experienced in Folleville so much, now in today’s world, as well, in all the continents.
Video link in other languages:
- English – https://youtu.be/5U9mMxULqhQ
- Español – https://youtu.be/KKjaXiQCoDg
- Français – https://youtu.be/GBtvBVe-jT8
- Português – https://youtu.be/Rjl6hL_bs88
- Polski – https://youtu.be/JQIy_hqe84c
- Italiano – https://youtu.be/S2fFQmDHum4
- Slovenčina (SVK) – https://youtu.be/UBZPvNrALEU
- Slovenščina (SVN) – https://youtu.be/JvxQIzLiefw
- magyar (HUN) – https://youtu.be/qwUFOo46ww8
- український (UKR) – https://youtu.be/7WuGMiZZaeI/a>
- русский (RUS) – https://youtu.be/jtXslF4bYI0
Questions for dialogue:
After watching this video together, we can discuss with these suggestions:
- What are — or have been — our personal “Follevilles,” those places where it is hard for us to arrive and, in the end, turn out to be a “gift from heaven”?
- What other “Follevilles” await us, as members of the Vincentian Family?
- How are we going to give “inventive to infinity” answers to the material and spiritual poverty we encounter, day by day?
Video courtesy of CMglobal YouTube Channel, based on an idea by Fr. Luigi Mezzadri, CM, and directed by Piotr Dziubak.