The Vincentian Family Executive Committee (VFEC) met at the Casa Maria Immacolata in Rome, Italy on January 22, 2016. After the Welcome Remarks of the Superior General, Fr. Gregory Gay, CM, the meeting started with Fr. Joe Agostino, CM, Vincentian Family Office (VFO) Coordinator, who gave the group an update about the newly created VFO.
A series of reports on the following topics were also shared:
- famvin.org Website (Fr. Aidan Rooney, CM),
- Vincentian Family Haiti Initiative (Yasmine Cajuste),
- The Vincentian Marian Youth (Yancarlos Carrasco),
- MISEVI and AMM (Fr. Greg Gay, CM)
- Systemic Change (Fr. Giuseppe Turati, CM),
- Vincentian Family Collaboration Commission (Mark Mc Greevey), and
- Vincentian Family Collaboration at the United Nations (Fr. Greg Gay, CM)
VMY President, Yancarlos Carrasco, also presented for brainstorming a collaboration challenge: the need for VMY members who “age out” to find another home in the VF.
Some other agenda were discussed: a) Production of documentaries on the lives of our founders, saints and beatified members of the Family, b) Updating the Book of Liturgy of the Hours integrating the Vincentian Family feasts, and c) Committee on Interreligious Dialogue.
The VFEC meeting ended and they then welcomed the other delegates of the three-day Vincentian Family International and National Leaders’ Gathering.
See more at the Vincentian Collaboration Facebook page.