An overview of the Annual National Unit heads meeting of VMY Ngeria held at the Vincentian community Abiakpo Ntak Inyang Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State from January 25 to 27, 2019
We would like to say a very big thank you to God Almighty for His benevolence to us for the gift of good health of mind and body, for a successful meeting of the National Executive Council and Heads of various Units and Diocese across the Country, for mercies granted to us all and for fruitful deliberations,
After prayerfully and peacefully discussing matters affecting the VMY here in Nigeria, for the general growth of the Association and fostering good relationships with the other Arms of the Church most especially the Vincentian Family here in Nigeria, we the Executive Council together with the National Priest/Sister Advisor have brought forth this overview for proper documentation and dissemination of vital information about the current status of the Association.
- The meeting of the Council began on Friday, January 25 and ended on Sunday, January 27 with an opening prayer led by our National Priest Advisor Rev. Fr. Denis Ugwu, CM and spiritual reflection from our National Sister Advisor Rev. Sr. Scholastica Achicumbur, DC while the meeting was presided over by the National President Mr Collins Chinweuba Ikpa.
- The 2019 National Encounter of VMY Nigeria was chosen by the Council and will be hosted by Enugu Diocese with tentative dates of Wednesday, August 14 to Sunday, August 18, 2019. The theme of the program shall be VINCENTIAN YOUTHS AS AGENTS OF SYSTEMIC CHANGE. The registration fee shall be the sum of One Thousand Naira only (#1000) per individual, the hosting diocese of Enugu will provide food, accommodations and other local logistics for the Encounter. The National Executive Council will ration the registration fee with a ratio of 50:50 that is; National takes half while the hosting diocese takes half. The program will feature activities such as: Mass by the Bishop, Penitential Rites, Lectures, VMY National Anthem Competition, Quiz Competition, Skill Acquisition, Excursion, Open Debate on National Politics, Contest of Master/Miss VMY Nigeria, sports and a whole lot more. There will be a Consecration at the Mass with the Bishop and therefore encourage all units to make preparations for this. A National Organizing Committee NOC was instituted and includes: Ifunanya Ejim (Chairperson and President of the hosting Diocese) Mary-Stephane Odoh, Cecilia Okon, Esther Paul, Beauty Nnanna, Chioma, Nwaigwa Stephen, Paschal Ugonnaya and Victor Umoren.
- The Vincentian Family Nigeria shall be having her Annual General Meeting from Thursday, March 21 to Sunday, March 24 at Divine Love Retreat and Conference Center (DRACC) New Lugbe Abuja Nigeria with Theme: Systemic Approach towards our services to the Poor today in Nigeria. VMY Nigeria was given 5 slots at the rate Ten Thousand Naira only per individual (#10,000) The VMY Nigeria owes the Vincentian Family a total debt of Thirty Thousand Naira Only (#30,000).
- The new Annual dues of VMY Nigeria are now Two Thousand Naira only (2000) and this is to be paid by all Units, and not the diocese.
- In the year 2020, the National Council will call for another NATIONAL ASSEMBLY to review our National Manual and make some other adjustments in the methodology of the Association.
- There will a National Anthem Competition amongst the units in order to pick a good National Anthem which best defines us as VMY Nigeria. The National Executive Council shall compose the lyrics while the units will add different tunes to it. This competition will take place at the National Encounter.
- Our National Project of Liquid Soap Production shall be reactivated, it will be managed by the National Secretary Mr Andrew Effiong and other team of employed staff. The project of our National Secretariat will soon come to completion. The Project of Scarf Production shall henceforth be managed by Ilah Unit of Issele Uku Diocese of Delta State.
- The National Priest Advisor encouraged us to make plans of establishing VMY in other Parishes and Institutions around us. We should make plans to pay a courtesy visit to our Diocesan Bishops to familiarize ourselves with them.
- The National President proposed a courtesy Visit to the Chairman Bishop of the Youths in other to get full recognition in Nigeria and also attend the meetings of the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria CBCN.
TO JESUS, WITH MARY
Collins Chinweuba IKPA Andrew Emmanuel EFFIONG
National President National Secretary
Rev. Fr. Dennis UGWU CM Rev. Sr. Scholastica ACHICUMBUR DC
National Priest Advisor National Sister Advisor