Promoted Tweets are regular Tweets with the added bonus that they can reach more people who are interested in your mission. They should be used to place your best content in front of the audience that matters to you at the right time.
If your goal is to drive a particular action via Twitter, Promoted Tweets are a great place to promote engaging content that includes a call to action to users. Using Promoted Tweets you can:
- Drive website traffic by asking users to click on your best content;
- Offer important information in the copy of your Tweets;
- Build and broaden your follower base.
If your goal is to drive awareness of the Vincentian mission, Promoted Tweets can do this in a variety of ways:
- Expand the reach of your content like blog posts, white papers, and more;
- Connect with influencers and possible advocates by ensuring they see your content;
- Promote awareness around events and initiatives;
- Ask for retweets to gain an even broader audience for your messages.
It’s time we stopped just talking among ourselves and began to use social media to talk to the world. If you spend all your time on Facebook, or if your twitter followers are all Vincentians, you are failing to evangelize. Facebook is for “friends.” Twitter is for evangelizers.