In this third series of three videos, Fr. Tomaz Mavrič, C.M. invites us to continue deepening in the meaning of the Vincentian charism, of which we celebrate its 400th anniversary during this year 2017.
Let us recall that two series have already been published:
- In the first series of videos published in the month of January, Fr. Mavrič invited us to look with faith and charity at three objects that belonged to Vincent de Paul: his hat, his cape and his sandals.
- The second series was published in February, and includes the videos “The Globalization of Charity,” and “Your Call” and “Go out to the peripheries.”
These new videos were filmed on January 2, in Folleville. We wanted to communicate the feelings that Vincent experienced in January 1617 when he traveled to Gannes. Vincent was alone when he arrived at the de Gondi estate; no one was waiting for him. Today, that is different … today there is a community of brothers and sisters there. Folleville is much larger and today Saint Vincent is waiting for us!!
Fr. Tomaz Mavrič, CM tells us:
It was to follow the corners, the roads that Vincent did take 400 years ago. It was to get to the village of Folleville, to touch the soil, to feel the grass, to see the animals, even to meet a horse, like Vincent did.
It was to experience the snow, the cold, and the sun, as well, all leading towards the village and, very far away, the church. The church that, in fact, was the place Vincent wanted to get. It was the experience in the church in Folleville that started to change his life, his inside, his heart. It was a call that he experienced. It was a moment of grace. It was a moment of the work of the Holy Spirit and, from that time on, his life never was the same again.
Video link in other languages:
- English: https://youtu.be/KftKYfwa8XU
- Française: https://youtu.be/rRAmGhWT1dc
- Español: https://youtu.be/HctoTSq0nTI
- Português: https://youtu.be/brRLG4KO3G8
- polski: https://youtu.be/dlJFGe39GBs
- Italiano: https://youtu.be/jj3yfZzljFI
- Slovenčina: https://youtu.be/ZuRcw8YAtfE
- Slovenščina: https://youtu.be/IuhhPjyMzz4
- magyar: https://youtu.be/9IfEICdMr9Q
- український: https://youtu.be/O2r27xc5ABs
- русский: https://youtu.be/oXh146_l3QA
Questions for dialogue:
After watching this video together, we can discuss with these suggestions:
- What moments may we recall in our lives that, like the events in Folleville for St. Vincent, were decisive for our growth as Christians?
- Where do we Vincentians discover more easily the will of God for our lives?
- What do we believe can be the call of God, today, to the members of the Vincentian Family?
Video courtesy of CMglobal YouTube Channel, based on an idea by Fr. Luigi Mezzadri, CM, and directed by Piotr Dziubak.