ACTIVITIES AND INITIATIVES:
- The Team or Council of Famvin – Venezuela was formed following the first meeting of the Vincentian Family in July 2001 and since there has been a meeting every three months, and the coordinator changes every 4 years.
- We have conducted a total of 7 national meetings (which are held every 2 years) and all have been attended by members of the Latin American Council of the Vincentian Family (FAVILA). This year the eighth meeting will take place with the participation of the Latin American Council of FAMVIN. The theme of the meeting will focus on the 400th anniversary of the birth of the Charism and Vincentian collaboration.
- Zonal meetings have been conducted (for animation and training) as well as days of prayer for church groups and by regions.
- In 2014, we had a Systemic Change Workshop (conducted by the International team) with high participation with members of all branches. Some systemic change projects have been started involving three branches of the family.
- There were 2 meetings on Vincentian Collaboration in October 2015, one in Caracas for the central-western region and one for the south-eastern area. In both meetings there was participation of a large number of members from the branches of the Vincentian family. It is important to note the presence in both events of Father Joe Agostino, CM (Office of the International Vincentian Family).
EXISTING VINCENTIAN FAMILY BRANCHES IN VENEZUELA:
The 7 traditional branches have a delegate to the National Council of the Vincentian Family (CONFAVI): Ladies of Charity (A.I.C); Daughters of Charity (DC); Congregation of the Mission/ Vincentian Fathers and Brothers (CM); Association of the Miraculous Medal (A.M.M); Vincentian Marian Youth (JMV-VMY); Society of Saint Vincent de Paul (SSVP); and Lay Vincentian Missionaries (MISEVI).
In addition, 3 branches who also live the Vincentian charism are invited to national meetings and training days, although they have no delegates to the National Council of FAMVIN. These groups are Vincentian Youth Volunteers (VOLJUVI); Knights and Ladies of the Miraculous Medal; and the youth group Vincentians Today. The current national coordinator of FAMVIN-Venezuela is Vergnani Girolamo Noda (representative of the SSVP).
Facebook. FAMILIA VICENTINA DE VENEZUELA.
Tags: collaboration, connect and learn YVC, year of vincentian collaboration, YVC2015