Founded in 1889 in Greece at Thessalonica (now Salonika) by Reverend Joseph Alloatti, C.M., (1857-1933), and Sister Marianna Pucci, D.C., (1848-1918) with the purpose of promoting Eucharistic devotion in Macedonia and Bulgaria, especially by religious education of youth. The house was soon transferred to Paliortsi in Macedonia. Since the Balkan Wars (1912-1913) destroyed all Catholic missions in Macedonia, the institute was subsequently forced to emigrate to Bulgaria.
Alloatti had considered establishing the Priests of the Eucharist for the same purpose. Originally, the sisters recognized the superior general of the Congregation of the Mission as their superior general, and the visitor of the province of Constantinople as their Visitor. Alloatti’s own sister, Christine of Jesus (d. 1920), was the first superior of the institute. This Byzantine rite institute of diocesan right became independent from the Congregation of the Mission in 1926. Now of diocesan right, this institute is under the bishop of Sofia. It follows the Common Rules for the Daughters of Charity and has a spiritual affiliation with the Daughters of Charity.