The Missionary Servants of the Most Holy Trinity is a congregation of Catholic priests and Brothers founded in 1929 by the American Vincentian priest, Reverend Thomas A. Judge C.M. Their founder’s great devotion to the Trinity has led and guided the work they do, so much so that they’ve become known to friends and benefactors as Trinity Missions and, their members, Trinity Missionaries.
Fr. Judge’s work as a young priest convinced him of the need to reach out to immigrants from Catholic cultures to help them preserve and spread the Catholic faith. His apostolic zeal led him to organize small groups of lay men and women to love and serve God in the ordinary circumstance of their lives. In 1909, a formal meeting of what was to become the Missionary Cenacle Apostolate took place in Brooklyn, N.Y. in St. John the Baptist Parish.
From this lay organization came two new missionary religious congregations: the Missionary Servants of the Most Holy Trinity (priests and Brothers – ST) and the Missionary Servants of the Most Blessed Trinity (Sisters – MSBT). The Blessed Trinity Missionary Institute is vowed laity who have come forth to serve. These four branches are known as the Missionary Cenacle Family. The Missionary Cenacle Volunteers provide young Catholics with volunteer opportunities in the United States, Mexico and Costa Rica.
Trinitarian missionaries work with the poor and abandoned wherever the need is greatest. Their main goal is the preservation of the faith among people who are spiritually neglected and abandoned, especially the poor. They serve throughout the United States, as well as in Costa Rica, Colombia, Mexico, Puerto Rico and Honduras.
They are pastors and teachers, chaplains and counselors. Their priests and brothers (numbering approximately 110) work in prisons, hospitals, and other institutions where people feel abandoned and alone.
Tags: collaboration, connect and learn YVC, year of vincentian collaboration, YVC2015