A congregation founded in 1803 by Canon Triest, who was known as “the St. Vincent de Paul of Belgium “, for he was the founder as well of the Brothers of St. John of God , and the Sisters of the Infant Jesus. When curé of Lovendeghem he laid the foundations of this congregation, and gave up his living to devote himself to training its members. He obtained the first papal recognition in 1806 and in 1816 he went to Rome to get the final approbation, which he received by Brief on September 9th of that year.
Their motto is: ‘Cor Unum Anima Una’ – One heart and one soul. Impelled by the love of Christ, the sisters commit themselves to the mission of promoting the reign of God in our society, in our world in a spirit of simplicity, devotion and zeal for the salvation of souls.
The mother-house is at Ghent and there are forty branch-houses. The congregation has over a thousand members. Apart from Belgium the sisters serve and witness in England, France, Ireland, Netherlands, Israel, Rwanda, Mali, Congo, South Africa, Venezuela, India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, the Republic of Central Africa and Rome.