vinfam-general-enThe Sisters of the Visitation of Mary (Anunciata) were established in 1883 at Budapest, Hungary, by several Daughters of Charity and Krankenjungfrauen (Nursing Sisters) who were sent to make a foundation and provide health care to the poor by Sister Leopoldine de Brandis, D.C., (1815-1900), visitatrix (provincial superior) of the province of Graz, Austria. After 1904 this branch of the Krankenjungfrauen became distinct and obtained ecclesiastical approval as a diocesan religious institute.


Tags: , , ,

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This