Not connected to any particular group or branch anymore? Don’t think you have time to join now? Be a Vincentian from where you are.
You may have been reading about the initiatives of the Vincentian Family at the United Nations here on famvin.org. You can do something from right where you are — wherever!
Things you can do from your couch
- Save electricity by plugging appliances into a power strip and turning them off completely when not in use, including your computer.
- Stop paper bank statements and pay your bills online or via mobile. No paper, no need for forest destruction.
- Share, don’t just like. If you see an interesting social media post about women’s rights or climate change, share it so folks in your network see it too.
- Speak up! Ask your local and national authorities to engage in initiatives that don’t harm people or the planet. Ahead of the Climate Change conference in Paris you can sign this petition asking leaders to reach an agreement to lower their carbon emissions.
- Don’t print. See something online you need to remember? Jot it down in a notebook or better yet a digital post-it note and spare the paper.
- Turn off the lights. Your TV or computer screen provides a cosy glow, so turn off other lights if you don’t need them.
- Do a bit of online research and buy only from companies that you know have sustainable practices and don’t harm the environment.
- Report online bullies. If you notice harassment on a message board or in a chat room, flag that person.
- Stay informed. Follow your local news and stay in touch with the Global Goals online or on social media at @GlobalGoalsUN.
- Tell us about your actions to achieve the global goals by using the hashtag #globalgoals on social networks.
- Offset your carbon emissions! You can calculate your carbon footprint and purchase climate credit from Climate Neutral Now.