Cordial greetings to everyone!
A new day has dawned as we continue to live the experience of our 2022 General Assembly. We began at 7:30am with the celebration of the Eucharist in honor of Saint Peter and Paul. After the Eucharist, which was presided over by our English-speaking confreres, we returned to the dining room for breakfast.
After yesterday’s retreat, we returned to the meeting hall to begin our work. Mark Pranaitis, CM, Director of Vincentian International Mission Services (VIMS) gave us a brief explanation of his ministry.
Then, Bishop Andrew Bellisario presented us with a brief report (with images) about his Diocese and the reality of Alaska.
That was followed by the significant moment of the day, namely, Father Tomaž Mavrič presented us with the eight areas that serve as a foundation for the initial document.
- Initial formation: a theme in every Assembly.
- International Missions.
- Confreres in difficult situations: we have attempted to resolve the majority of cases.
- Vincentian Family.
- Solidarity: fund for distribution among the various missions.
- Sense of belonging to the Congregation.
- Vincentian identity.
Now, in the years 2022-2028, the Little Company….
- Culture of Vocations and Vocational Promotion.
- Revitalize the presence of the Brothers.
- Formation of Formators.
- Mission ad gentes.
- Popular Missions.
- Formation of the clergy.
- Formation of the laity.
- Presence in parishes.
The collaboration and participation of the members of the Assembly was then sought.
After lunch and some rest, we once again took up our work. We gave priority to Fr. Vitali Nova, Visitor of the Province of Ukraine: he offered his gratitude to all those who, since the beginning of the war, offered support and assistance (950 tons of goods). Everyone is going to survive. Sincere thanks to everyone.
We then began to develop the theme of the Assembly.
It was proposed that we reflect on the identity of the Congregation of the Mission in two phases:
- Phase 1: dialogue, discern and concretize the priorities that will lead to the revitalization of the whole Congregation.
- Phase 2: agree upon concrete actions that will be carried out on a continental level to implement the priorities that are approved by the Assembly.
This session concluded with the participation of some members who expressed their feelings with what had been presented … a general lack of enthusiasm for the work that was being presented.
During these days of reflection, we will continue to work in order to gather more data about the Congregation of the Mission.