Father Thomas Rosica reflects on his role as the English language media attaché for journalists covering the conclave. Related FAMVIN Posts:To journalists covering conclave
Archive | Evangelization RSS feed for this section
As we move into this Year of Faith and the New Evangelization the folks at InternetEvangelismDay have posted an article on “Jesus, the Communicator - His sermon method: meeting felt needs first“. “If Jesus had anything like a standard approach it was more likely to be a question such as the following: “What do you want [...]
Gathering in San José, Costa Rica from the 22-26 of October, Provincials and other invited representatives of the Vincentian provinces pertaining to the Conference of Visitors of Latin America (CLAPVI) will reflect on models, successes, failures and futures. Representing the Bolivian International mission with parishes in in Huayllani (Diocese of Cochabamba) and the Bolivian Altiplano [...]
Fr. Barron reflects on On the New Evangelization and New Media in a video interview with Brandon Vogt. For most people, Fr. Robert Barron hardly needs an introduction. As a preacher, commentator, and media personality, he’s become one of the main faces of American Catholicism. Related FAMVIN Posts:Fr. Baron on new evangelization and mediaVatican taking another step into [...]
Your Parish As The Light Of Christ Online Catholic Tech Talk writes … “Come and see.” says so much in regards to the goal of evangelizing doesn’t it? Come and see. Not “convince”, but just come and see because we know you’ll be amazed. “It’s amazing and speaks volumes to me in regards to evangelizing [...]
Gathering youth to form the next generation is a universal issue for the Vincentian Family. Aidan Rooney and Diego Plá write from the parish of San Pedro in Mocomoco Bolivia, of a successful first gathering of rural young people. Hopefully, some of them will become missionaries! San Pedro is part of the Vincentian Bolivian Altiplano [...]
The people at DigitalEvangelismDay write of new Bible resource that is unique in its scope, offering totally free photographs and drawings to illustrate Bible stories. “I personally cringe at some graphic depictions of scriptural scenes, which can be old-fashioned, religious and even creepy. Those from FreeBibleimages are not!” See the following samples at http://www.freebibleimages.org/photos/ They continue [...]
The folks at Internet evangelism Day offer some perspectives on the use of cartoon and comics in evangelization and point to resources and training. “Why are they so important? I suggest because: Visual is memorable and understandable: “The soul never thinks without a picture.” – Aristotle Visual story is often the best way to communicate anything – [...]
Subscribe to Updates
- John Freund, CM: YouTube has a collection summaries of his Wednesda...
- Binoy: Thanks for making it easy to follow the daily homi...
- John Freund, CM: I also regularly check for his sayings and enjoy a...
- Ross: Amen to "Keep them coming!" I find it good to w...
- Peggy Baumgartner (Towson): I like reading the Pope's "unofficial" talks. H...
- Pope ‘s unscripted comments June 12, 2013
- Vincentian experience of no water in the US May 21, 2013
- Following the words of Francis June 15, 2013
- Vincentian Family – Nuns on the Bus May 30, 2013
- What are the Daughters of Charity doing? May 27, 2013
- Ecumenical effort for online safety June 19, 2013
- Sisters of Charity (Nazareth) offering $20,000 June 19, 2013
- Degree Attainment Soars at Catholic Campuses June 19, 2013
- Poverty as a Rubik’s Cube puzzle June 18, 2013
- Vincent de Paul – Prioritize cuts to Hunger Programs June 18, 2013