You can almost feel the energy in this group as they meet in Paris for a week of exploration and training in what is involved in Vincentian collaborative projects. We expect to post a video of an interview with Fr. Gregory, Superior General. For more background visit Update-on-vincentian-family-collaborative-action/ Related FAMVIN Posts:Singing with the Stars – [...]
Tag Archives | Systemic change
Vinformation presents a video reflection “The Spiritual Fire Within” based on a presentation by Fr. Robert Maloney, C.M . It is based on text taken from SYSTEMIC CHANGE AND THE POOR General Assembly of the Congregation of the Mission July 2, 2010 Link to original presentation source on VinFormation here. Link to textual source Maloney systemichange summary and more [...]
Lifting the veil on the group that has been planning the nearly decade long series of Vincentian Family meetings held around the country and even in cyberspace. See them in action as they plan for the 2013 VinFam Gathering: October 25 (3 PM) – Oct. 27 (noon) Regional / local trainings in systemic change using [...]
In September 2013, Roger Playwin, CEO of the St. Louis-based National Council of the St. Vincent de Paul Society, will step down after 10 years in the position. Playwin spoke with NCR about his tenure and the work of the St. Vincent de Paul Society. NCR: Given the recent election of Pope Francis and his [...]
“One Cloth Many Threads” – systemic change and culture One of the things that we are going to encounter as we engage in Systemic Change is working with diverse cultures. It is important to understand some of the elements of culture that will help us to truly and effectively meet the needs of the people [...]
“No one patches an old cloak with a piece of unshrunken cloth… People do not put new wine into old wineskins…” (Mt 9:16-17) “We are Vincentians” has posted an English translation of a fine piece on systemic change as something that challenges us and sends us on mission. I. The reality that challenges us II. [...]
On International Woman’s Day the AIC, announced that they will gather in Bangkok to foster education for women as a tool to long-lasting poverty alleviation. The AIC, the first of Vincent dePaul’s foundations, International Assembly of the Delegates March 14-17, 2013 Bangkok, Thailand Under the patronage of UNESCO, Fondation de France, and Missio, 120 AIC women volunteers coming [...]
“Seeds of Hope can be purchased on line through the Society of St. Vincent de Paul. It is available at on our webpage: www.svdpusa.org , click on “order materials”. It can also be ordered by email: email@example.com.” For further information about how the book is being used visit this famvin search for “Seeds of Hope” See especially useful [...]
Pictures truly are worth 1000 words. VinFormation offers this 67 second video insight into the concept of systemic change as breaking the cycle of poverty.
Depaul UK in the North East is delighted to have been awarded £38,000 for a new service which will enable it to help young homeless people move out of homelessness accommodation and into private tenancies. The funding is has been awarded to three projects in the North East. It comes from the Private Rented Sector [...]
Subscribe to Updates
- jbf: Follow the events of this celebration as they unfo...
- georgia hedrick: Now if only I could make the LAWN addicts of the d...
- jbf: 4 faith perspectives on Gatsby ...
- jbf: Dear Georgia, thanks for giving us the facts! PS P...
- georgia hedrick: Water is more important than oil or gold or gas or...
- Plastic shopping bags – sleeping mats for the homeless May 3, 2013
- Vincentian experience of no water in the US May 21, 2013
- The Pope and the Vincentian Superior General April 29, 2013
- Vincentian Service and Mission opportunities May 18, 2013
- Mother and Superior General May 15, 2013
- Remember Memorial Day not because… May 24, 2013
- SVDP youth receive advocacy award May 24, 2013
- Photo album of VFCAP Day 1 May 24, 2013
- Most Holy Trinity May 24, 2013
- Elements of Vincentian Family Collaboration May 23, 2013