Fr Chris Ryan MGL reflects on “What Would Thomas Merton Have Thought of Facebook? On Being Unplugged in a Digital Age” “I would have really liked to have gone to the recent Catholic Media Conference which took place in Sydney last week, but a few different commitments made that impossible. I’ve heard a few reports from [...]
Tag Archives | digital age
Join our online gathering, “Matthew 25 in a era of mobile devices,” beginning at 1 p.m. EDT on Saturday, April 28, 2012. For more information visit http://mobile.vinfamily.org/, follow us on Facebook and Twitter. For six weeks a group of trail-blazers have been scouting out the possibilities of using mobile devices in the service of feeding the hungry, visiting the sick and [...]
(Zenit.org).- If the Church is going to fulfill its mission to proclaim the truth of Christ to all peoples, it must use its “creative intelligence” to overcome certain challenges of the digital age, says Benedict XVI in a talk on the “Culture of Communication and New Languages.” “A profound cultural transformation is under way,” the [...]
Subscribe to Updates
- John Freund, CM: YouTube has a collection summaries of his Wednesda...
- Binoy: Thanks for making it easy to follow the daily homi...
- John Freund, CM: I also regularly check for his sayings and enjoy a...
- Ross: Amen to "Keep them coming!" I find it good to w...
- Peggy Baumgartner (Towson): I like reading the Pope's "unofficial" talks. H...
- Pope ‘s unscripted comments June 12, 2013
- Vincentian experience of no water in the US May 21, 2013
- Vincentian Family – Nuns on the Bus May 30, 2013
- Following the words of Francis June 15, 2013
- What are the Daughters of Charity doing? May 27, 2013
- Poverty as a Rubik’s Cube puzzle June 18, 2013
- Vincent de Paul – Prioritize cuts to Hunger Programs June 18, 2013
- No permission needed June 18, 2013
- Interview with Fr. Gregory Gay, CM (1) June 17, 2013
- Vincentian Solidarity Office Newsletter June 17, 2013