As members of the Sisters of Charity Federation, the Marthas enjoy NGO (Non-Governmental Organization) status at the United Nations (UN). Through this valuable network and attendance at its meetings, we experience the impact of global concerns on people, and identify issues for which we can advocate and address locally, e.g. lack of access to water for drinking, hygiene, and food security on a global scale.The two ways that Marthas are represented at the UN are:
- Sisters of Charity Federation NGO
- Sisters of Charity Federation NGO’s Newsletter
- Sisters of Charity Federation NGO’s Action Alerts
- Department of Economic and Social Affairs Newsletter Archive can be found here.
- Department of Economic and Social Affairs February 2011 (link no longer active)
- Sister Marion Sheridan attended this commission: http://www.un.org/esa/socdev/csocd//2011.html
- Department of Public Information
- Partnership for Global Justice
- Partnership for Global Justice’s Blog
- Partnership for Global Justice’s Action Alerts
- Orientation Days at the UN
To learn more about the NGO Association with the UN click here.
Tags: charity, NGO, Sisters of Charity Federation, Sisters of St. Martha of Antigonish, United Nations