True to their heritage the three Vincentian universities in the USA continue to be in the forefront of raising consciousness on issues of social justice. St. John’s presents The Theology of Work and the Dignity of Workers. DePaul is hosting the 2011 National Conference of Interfaith Worker Justice. Niagara University pays attention to the Invisible Children forced into slavery as child soldiers with a screening of the newest documentary from this nationwide movement that focuses on the plight of child soldiers in Uganda and Chad.
The St. John’s event will bring together
- Edward Cardinal Egan, Archbishop Emeritus of the Archdiocese of New York
- Denis Hughes, President, New York State AFL-CIO
- Bob King, President, the United Auto Workers Union (UAW)
- Gene Orza, Chief Operating Officer, Major League Baseball Players Association,
- Robert Sugarman, Esq., National Chairman, The Anti-Defamation League
- Richard Trumka, President, AFL-CIO
- Jeff Zaino, Vice President, American Arbitration Association
- Have you participated in any programs to raise your own consciousness of issues of Justice?
- Have you encouraged others to learn more about “hot button” issues?
- How much do you know about how Vincent, Louise, Frederic were involved in justice issues?