Sister Margaret was co-chair of the Diocesan Strategic Planning Steering Committee, which helped identify several important needs for the diocese. She was a cofounder of Rendu Services, a group of women religious providing outreach to the needy in the Diocese of Greensburg’s Fayette County. She is also chair of the board of trustees of Mount Saint Mary’s Hospital and Health Center, Lewiston, N.Y.
Daughter of Charity receives Papal Award
TSister Margaret Tuley, DC received the Papal Cross Pro Ecclesia Et Pontifice by the in recognition for her charity work and her key role in the Strategic Planning Process for the Diocese of Greensburg. This award was established by Pope Leo XIII in 1888 and is given for distinguished service to the Church by clergy and laypersons. The ceremony was held in the newly decorated Cathedral in Greensburg on April 29, 2012.
About John Freund, CMJohn Freund is a Vincentian priest with a passion for promoting collaboration among the many people inspired by Saints Vincent de Paul and Louise de Marillac and who welcome your engagement.Share your ideas and experiences!
Subscribe to Updates
- Timothy Rothhaar: "Tuesday, July 26, 2016 and last until Sunday, Ju...
- John Freund, CM: Pope encourages use of images in prayer ...
- marguerite broderick: So happy to see Sr Ellen's artwork here as we beg...
- Beth: It seems to me that Jesus indeed told us to see Ch...
- Sara Howley: Jesus is in glory, seated at the right hand of the...
- Update – List of Vincentian Family saints, blesseds February 25, 2014
- People react to homeless Jesus… your reaction? March 1, 2014
- Saturday Study Hall – Trivializing the Vincentian Charism February 14, 2014
- Art and Vincentian prayer in Lent March 4, 2014
- Christians the most persecuted group in the world February 15, 2014
- Saturday Study Hall – “Change your way of thinking” March 7, 2014
- World Youth Day 2016 – Vincentian Youth Meeting March 7, 2014
- Mother General addresses Treasurers of religious communities March 7, 2014
- Formation Friday – Vincentian Lent March 6, 2014
- Women’s History – Catherine Spalding, Educational Pioneer March 6, 2014
Advocacy Australia A Vincentian reading of Sunday readings Benedict Change charity CM CM Curia Daughters of Charity DC Facebook family Featured Federation formation Francis Haiti homeless JMV Justice LCUSA Lent Louise Nazareth Ozanam Pope poverty SCN Seton Sisters-of-Charity Spirituality SSVDP strategies Superior General SVDP systemic Systemic change video Vincent Vincentian Vincentian Family WYD Youth YouTube zafen