The following is the text of Fr. Robert Maloney’s homily at the Central Shrine of the Miraculous Medal in Philadelphia on the Feast of the Miraculous Medal.The year 1830 was a terrible time in Paris. Unemployment was rampant. Bread prices soared. In July a revolution ripped the city into small piece. Barricades blocked the streets. […]
Archive | December, 2005
VATICAN CITY, DEC. 25, 2005 (Zenit.org).- Christmas is the greatness of God who becomes small so that we can love him, says Benedict XVI. In the homily at his first Christmas Eve Midnight Mass as Pope, he contemplated the mystery of Bethlehem and implored for peace in the land of Jesus’ birth. “God is so […]
The November-December issue of NUNTIA of the Congregregation of the Mission is now online.It can currently be found at http://cmglobal.org/en/news/ Among the news items… Appointment of 2 CM’s as Bishops Meetings and acitvities of the Superior General and his Curia Recent appointments, ordination and deaths Related FAMVIN Posts:No Related FAMVIN Posts
In A Former Cloister, Men Rebuild Their Lives A Germantown program leads the way to overcoming addictions and other demons.Philadelphia Inquirer Editorials and Comments by Kristin E. Holmes Philadelphia Inquirer Staff Writer November 6, 2005 The narrow rooms that 16 years ago housed the nuns of Immaculate Conception Church in Germantown now offer asylum to […]
VATICAN CITY, DEC. 21, 2005 (Zenit.org).- Noting the rise of yuletide consumerism, Benedict XVI invited the faithful to rediscover the spiritual traditions of Christmas (especially light and the star) in order to transmit them to future generations. The Pope dedicated today’s general audience, held in St. Peter’s Square, to the approaching solemnity of Jesus’ birth. […]
Brother David Steindl-Rast of the Gratefulness site that “It’s a good time to ask: When and where did you last discover the holy?” If our 13,077 friends who receive this newsletter each offered a response to that question, we would surely receive 13,077 different answers. The Holy One comes to us not only through sacred […]
CINCINNATI, Ohio, DEC. 14, 2005 (Zenit.org).- Modern Catholics have an obligation to be well informed, says the chairman of one of the largest newspaper firms in the United States. William Burleigh, chairman of E.W. Scripps Company, retired from active management in 2000 after working for the company for 50 years — first as a reporter […]
Jamshedpur, Dec. 14: The year is 1980. Two young nuns (Sisters of Charity), from two different parts of India, travel five kilometres everyday ignoring all dangers through dense forests to reach Birsanagar, where a handful of students wait for them in a makeshift classroom. That was Gyan Deep Vidyalaya then. A lot has changed since. […]
Sister Therese Bangert, SCL, a chaplain for the Kansas City Kan., police and fire departments, has fought against the death penalty for years. This week, she drove to Washington D.C., to sit in on the U.S. Supreme Court as justices heard arguments on two death penalty cases on Wednesday, Dec. 7, including a case to […]
The Vincentian Family Coordinating Group commissioned a Task Force to explore the tempting offer of Dennis Holtschneider, CM to establish a National Center for the Visibility of the Poor at DePaul University in Chicago. The group is composed of 15 members from various branches of the family and held the initial meeting on November 17, […]
Subscribe to Updates
- John Freund, CM: Pope encourages use of images in prayer ...
- marguerite broderick: So happy to see Sr Ellen's artwork here as we beg...
- Beth: It seems to me that Jesus indeed told us to see Ch...
- Sara Howley: Jesus is in glory, seated at the right hand of the...
- John Freund, CM: The gift of a Sister of Charity's life http://ca...
- Update – List of Vincentian Family saints, blesseds February 25, 2014
- People react to homeless Jesus… your reaction? March 1, 2014
- Art and Vincentian prayer in Lent March 4, 2014
- Saturday Study Hall – Trivializing the Vincentian Charism February 14, 2014
- Christians the most persecuted group in the world February 15, 2014
- Sr. Evelyne DC speaks at Vatican conference March 11, 2014
- Thrown in jail for being poor March 10, 2014
- CM Bolivian Altiplano Mission Advances March 10, 2014
- Healthy and liberating insecurity March 10, 2014
- SVDP partners with Motel 6 March 9, 2014