1651. First Vincetians arrive to Warsaw, Poland. They were two priests: Lambert aux Couteaux, William Desdames, two seminarians: Nicholas Guillot, Casimir Zelazewski and brother Jacques Posny. St. Vincent de Paul sent Missioners to Poland on request of Queen of Poland, Maria Luise de Gonzague. In 1653 first Daughters of Charity joined Vincentians in Warsaw, too.
1657. In patent letters, king Louis XIV approves the Company of Daughters of Charity. After being approved by Archbishop of Paris these letters were needed to have Parlament acceptation making the Company and ecclesiastical and juridical person.
1692. King Louis XIV signs patent letters authorizing Daughters of Charity to build wall around their Mother House in the distance of six feet from the buildings.
1924. Janez Francisek Gnidovec is ordained bishop. On December 8, he was introduced as Bishop of Skopje, Macedonia. The diocese had been occupied by the Turks until 1912 and then was torn apart by war. Msgr. Gnidovec was born on September 29, 1873 in the Slovenian town of Veliki Lipovec. Ordained a priest of the Congregation of the Mission in 1896 and died in 1939. The bishop, whose poverty, mortification and love for the Eucharist will be exemplary,has never failed to visit, with great fatigue, to Catholics, scattered among the Orthodox, Muslim and lamaranos (Slavs who, because of the occupiers, externally are Muslims but retain their Catholic prayers).
1928. In the chapel of Maison Mère in Paris, Fr. Antoine Sévat CM is ordained bishop by cardinal Dubois, assisted by Msgr de Guébriant, Superior General of Foreign Missions, and Msgr Le Hunsec, Superior General of Priests of Holy Spirit. Msgr Sévat was appointed coadjutor bishop of Msgr Jacques Crouzet CM, Apostolic Vicar of Fort-Dauphin, in Madagascar. Antoine Sévat was born on May 15, 1878 in the French town of Isle-et-Bardais. Ordained priest on May 24, 1904. After the death of Msgr Crouzet on January 8, 1933, he became a bishop of Fort-Dauphin and held the position until resignation because of retirement in 1953. Then, he served lepers among whom he died on July 5, 1957.