Commission for Promoting Systemic Change
Commission for Promoting Systemic Change, whose members are:
- Rev. Giuseppe Turati, CM, coordinator
- Mr. James Claffey, SSVP, executive secretary
- Sr Teresa Kotturan, Sister of Charity of Nazareth (SCN)
- Sr. Teresa Mueda, DC
- Mrs. Rose de Lima Ramanankava, AIC
- Rev. Mizaél Donizetti Poggioli, CM
- Mr. Juan Pablo Jácome Solarte, JMV
Members of the Original Commission
- +Norberto Carcellar, C.M.
- Ellen Flynn, D.C.
- Joseph Foley, C.M.
- Robert Maloney, C.M.
- Patricia Nava, AIC
- Pedro Opeka, C.M.
- Gene Smith, SSVP
In a recent meeting the members of the Commission spoke of the nature of systemic change, the spirituality that underlies it, and the strategies that foster it.
The members described projects in Madagascar, the Philippines, England, the Dominican Republic, and other places in which our Family is succeeding not only in serving the immediate needs of the poor, but also in assisting the poor to develop strategies by which they can emerge from poverty.
Convinced that there are a number of other projects like these already existing within the Family, the Commission asked the heads of the Family to share the stories of such works.