From Vincentian Encyclopedia
12.--These are the characteristics to be kept in mind in this work of evangelization which the Congregation proposes to carry out:
- 1 clear and expressed preference for the apostolate among the poor, since their evangelization is the sign that the kingdom of God is present on earth (cf. Mt 11:5);
- 2 attention to the realities of present-day society, especially to the factors that cause an unequal distribution of the world's goods, so that we can better carry out our prophetic task of evangelization;
- 3 some sharing in the condition of the poor, so that not only will we attend to their evangelization, but that we ourselves may be evangelized by them;
- 4 genuine community spirit in all our apostolic works, so that we may be supported by one another in our common vocation;
- 5 readiness to go to any part of the world, according to the example of the first missionaries of the Congregation;
- 6 striving to live in a state of continuous conversion both on the part of each individual member and on the part of the whole Congregation, according to the mind of St. Paul, who counsels us: "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind" (Rm 12:2).