As part of our celebrations for the 400th Anniversary of the birth of the Vincentian Charism, the leaders of the 8 different branches of the Family came together yesterday to explore the possibility of forming a Vincentian Family Group in Ireland. Fr. Joe Agostino CM, International Co-ordinator for the Vincentian Family Office, was invited to facilitate this meeting.
Following our sharing and reflection earlier in May of this year, on the theme, ‘Collaboration at the heart of the Vincentian Family’ we explored this theme further and are now convinced that Collaboration is the best way forward in our future service of those living in poverty.
The “Vincentian Family Group” was formally established and one of our first projects will be to work together in preparation for the World Meeting of Families which is due to take place in Dublin in August 2018.
Thank you Fr. Joe for your skill and guidance in helping us to reach this historic moment as we celebrate the establishment of the first Vincentian Family Group in Ireland.
The Vincentian Family Group in Ireland include:
- The International Association of Charity, (Anne Mc Cormack)
- The Vincentian Fathers, (Fr. Mark Noonan CM)
- The Daughters of Charity,(Sr. Claire Mc Kiernan DC)
- The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, (Kiernan Stafford)
- The Association of the Miraculous Medal, (Michael Mongey)
- The Vincentian Partnership for Social Justice (Sr. Bernadette Mac Mahon DC)
- Depaul International, (Kerry Anthony)
- The Vincentian Lay Missionaries. (Mary Anne Stokes)
- Fr. Mark Noonan CM The Vincentian Fathers
- Fr. Joe Agostino CM International Co-ordinator for Vincentian Family Office
- Sr. Bernadette Mac Mahon DC The Vincentian Partnership for Social Justice
- Mary Anne Stokes The Vincentian Lay Missionaries
- Kerry Anthony Depaul International
- Sr. Claire Mc Kiernan DC Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul
- Anne Mc Cormack The International Association of Charity
- Michael Mongey The Association of the Miraculous Medal
- Kieran Stafford The Society of St. Vincent de Paul