Sister Regina Bechtle, a Sister of Charity of New York, enriched the reflection that has been taking place since the beginning of the Assembly by her treatment of the theme Community as a sign of prophecy and hope.
In the third part of her talk, Sister Regina referred to concrete means of practising prophecy and hope
– Listen: This is a difficult discipline but we know how healing it can be when another person takes time to listen to our story.
– Learn: Try to learn rather than teach, to learn from one another, to be a “learning community”, keep on trying to learn from one another.
– Let go: Recognise and accept our wounds, our feelings and our faults.
– Live in the place of “both-and”: Accept the dualism in ourselves; our Founders believed that life could spring forth from fruitful tension.
– Let yourselves dream together: We need community to nurture the gifts of hope and prophecy.
In conclusion, Sister Regina asked the question, “How shall we recognise if we have succeeded?” … To the extent that we share with the poor or not. … or … If others look at us and say, “See how they love one another”.
For the full summary visit http://www.filles-de-la-charite.org/en/focus.aspx
Tags: Daughters of Charity, Sisters of Charity