The Kano Central Council of the Kaduna Metropolitan Council of Nigeria is one known to be relentless in the Vincentian movement. The council has embarked and successfully carried out several charitable projects over the years to promote this movement. Recently, the Council to mark the feast of our patron saint; St. Vincent, under the leadership of Lady Ifeyinwa Anuligo carried out charitable projects aimed at improving the livelihood of rural dwellers in Kano State and Jigawa State respectively by providing portable water for both domestic and other purposes, and empowering rural dwellers in small and medium scale (SMS) enterprises.
The Council in achieving the above projects empowered 21 beneficiaries on the 12th day of June, 2022 in Dutse Deanery of Jigawa State, highlighted below:
- 10 Beneficiaries from CKC Parish, Dutse, Jigawa State.
- 3 Beneficiaries from St. Theresa Parish, Hadejia, Jigawa State.
- 3 Beneficiaries from Sacred Heart Parish, Gumel, Jigawa State.
- 2 Beneficiaries from St. Peter Parish, Kazaure, Jigawa State.
- 3 Beneficiaries from St. John De Baptist Parish, Birnin-kudu, Jigawa State.
The Council also constructed boreholes at five (5) different locations covering four Local Government Areas of Kano State which were commissioned on the 27th day of September, 2022 by His Lordship, Most Rev. Dr. John Namaza Nyiring; Bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Kano, Kano State as follows:
- Two boreholes in Tudun Wada Deanery of Kano State;
- One borehole at Gidan Bege in Kiru Local Government Area of Kano State;
- One borehole at Jitan Dutse in Tudun Wada Local Government Area of Kano State.
- Three boreholes in Sumaila Deanery of Kano State;
- One borehole at Gamashina in Garko Local Government Area of Kano State;
- One borehole at Gidan Kureni in Garko Local Government Area of Kano State;
- One borehole at Magami in Sumaila Local Government Area of Kano State.
Interestingly and worthy of note is the fact that the Council was not left out in the celebration of the International SSVP women’s day. On the 14th day of August, 2022, the vincentian women of the Kano Central Council, celebrating the third anniversary of Amelie Ozanam’s birth; wife of our patron saint, St. Vincent visited the Nassarawa Motherless home, hospital road, Nassarawa GRA, Kano State with edibles and toiletries.
It is pertinent to note that conferences under this central council have carried out several other charitable projects this year like the medical outreach tagged ‘Health Week’ in conferences like Our Lady of Fatima, St. Charles. St. Rita wherein over 1,000 patients were offered free medical services inclusive of major medical surgeries and others. The above highlighted projects are just few of the Central Council projects carried out this year. The Council shall not relent in this sacred call to serve and seek the intercession of our Patron Saint always.
The council appreciates the unreserved efforts of the International Council and pledges always obedience, humility, submission amongst others.
Saint Vincent de Paul! Pray for us!
EMPOWERMENT IN DUTSE DEANERY, JIGAWA STATE:
COMMISSIONING OF BOREHOLE AT GAMASHINA, SUMAILA DEANERY:
COMMISSIONING OF BOREHOLE AT JITAN DUTSE, TUDUN WADA DEANERY: