This formation session, hosted by the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, is open to the entire Vincentian Family.
Five speakers will discuss the following issues, followed by a Q&A session:
- Are we ready to recognize and listen to the pain of the soul that, after two years of the pandemic, has settled in many men and women facing an uncertain future?
- In the “throwaway culture”, not only of our brothers and sisters but also of superfluous and unnecessary things, are we ready to dispense with unnecessary things? Are we ready to live in austerity or at least think about it?
- Can we do without the superfluous for the benefit of our poorer brothers and sisters?
- As Christians and Vincentians, do we understand the words of Christ when he reminds us: “my Kingdom is not of this world”?
- After the pandemic, will we be able to live a life more centered on the culture of the soul, of the spirit, of intelligence and of love, of encounter with God and with our brothers and sisters?
Next Sunday, on May 22, the International General Council is hosting the third webinar “Pandemic, Poverty and Future – A new paradigm”, starting at 12.00 (Paris’ time).
The webinar will be broadcast on Facebook’s Ozanam TV, with simultaneous translation into the four official languages:
- English: https://www.facebook.com/ozanamtven
- French: https://www.facebook.com/ozanamtvfr
- Portuguese: https://www.facebook.com/ozanamtv
- Spanish: https://www.facebook.com/ozanamtves
Each speaker will give a 15-minute presentation, followed by a debate among speakers. Viewers will have the chance to leave comments and pose questions to the speakers in real time.
This online event is an initiative launched by the International Vice Presidency for Formation, chaired by our fellow member Marisa Téllez (Spain). The goal of this webinar is to discuss the issues raised and to put forward proposals to enhance the Society’s work worldwide.
Join in! Don’t miss this opportunity for formation!!!
Download the program by clicking on the image below: