The Ladies of Charity USA Advocacy Committee shares these facts, found on the Bread for the World website:
- Over 270 million people are facing extreme hunger, up from 135 million before the pandemic.
- The pandemic has exposed vulnerabilities in our safety net and food systems.
- Child hunger in both the US and abroad has skyrocketed. One in four kids in the US are at risk of hunger.
- 40% of Black and Latino families struggle feeding their children.
- Malnutrition is responsible for nearly half of all preventable deaths among children under five.
- Nearly 60 million children are in danger of malnutrition right now.
Bread for the World urges us to contact our Representative and our Senators to pass the Global Malnutrition Prevention and Treatment Act of 2021 (HR 4693) (S2956).
On October 7, 2021, the Senate introduced companion legislation to that introduced in the House this past summer. This bill authorizes USAID to scale up efforts to address global malnutrition and has the potential to impact the lives of tens of millions of women and children around the world.
Bread For the World is a non-partisan Christian organization that advocates for policy changes to end hunger.
Source: Ladies of Charity US Website
For other Advocacy Videos by the Ladies of Charity, click here