Leading with Values: Vincentian Family Contributions to a Sustainable World
Join those willing to rise up to meet the challenges of our times on Friday, October 9 and Saturday, October 10 for a free online conference!
- DePaul University faculty, staff, students, and graduates
- Members of the world-wide Vincentian Family
- Anyone interested in promoting hope and action toward a sustainable world
Cultural historian and evolutionary thinker Thomas Berry, writing in The Great Work: Our Way into the Future, suggests our universe of stars, earth, and humans evolved through a process governed by the interplay of three principles: differentiation, subjectivity, and communion.
Environmentalists suggest a sustainable human community on earth requires attention to the interplay of the principles: environment, social justice, and economics.
At DePaul University, our efforts to engage these universal and earth-sustainable processes are grounded in our core values of Catholic, Vincentian, and Urban.
The university has a central role in the direction and fulfillment of the Great Work. – Thomas Berry
Please join with us to:
- Listen to powerful stories of hope and initiative from Vincentian universities, organizations, and individuals
- Tap into your own values, passion, and purpose around what’s next through conversations on the Vincentian call to action: “What must be done?”
- Learn how Vincentian founders Vincent de Paul and Louise de Marillac responded to a climate change (“The Little Ice Age”) impacting Europe in the 17th Century
- Learn to apply DePaul’s core values of Catholic, Vincentian, and Urban in the larger context of principles and values driving evolution and sustainability on earth and in our universe
- Forge strategies and partnerships to expand the energy of engagement
Attendance is free. Registration required to receive the online link. Can’t attend or in a different time zone? Register and receive a link to the recording of the event.
Click here to see this event on Facebook – please spread the word and share within your circles!
- Vincentian Endowment Fund
- Vincent on Leadership: The Hay Project
- School of Public Service
- Environmental Studies
More details coming soon!
For more information and to join in shaping this event, contact Dr. Patricia Bombard, Director, Vincent on Leadership: The Hay Project, DePaul University email@example.com 312-362-5522
If you are a member of the Vincentian Family with a story of hope to share, please contact Dr. Bombard at firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatever you put attention on will start manifesting in your life. Intention, attention, manifestation; that is how the universe works. – Sri Sri Ravi Shankar