This beautiful meditation on the Way of the Cross, written by Sr. Therese MacKinnon, D.C., combines the passion of Jesus as portrayed in the Stations of the Cross, and Jesus’ message from the Gospel of St. Matthew on the last judgment: “Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least ones of mine, you did it for me.” Matt. 25:40. The meaning of this scripture passage is summarized in the Spiritual and Corporal Works of Mercy.
This Way of the Cross correlates a work of mercy with each Station of the Cross, and a quote from St. Louise de Marillac is included with each station. Thank you to the Daughters of Charity for making this available online.
- Way of the Cross Artwork by Sr. Mary Polutanovich, D.C.
- Photos by Sr. Claire Sweeney, D.C. & Sr. Therese MacKinnon, D.C.
- Script by Sr. Therese MacKinnon, D.C.
- Originally published on filles-de-la-charite.org website
- Adapted for online presentation by famvin.org
Daughters of Charity 4330 Olive Street St. Louis, MO 63108-2622
This Way of the Cross is also available for download as a PDF file in the following languages: