Reflections on the AIC Charter
In preparation for the 400th anniversary of the International Association of Charities (AIC), a new AIC document, the AIC Charter, has been drafted. This document will replace the Basic Document, published in 1981 and updated in 2001. The document is based on “what drives the AIC”.
The document is composed of 3 chapters. We will publish parts of the document here, in the form of monthly reflections, according to the outline below:
Available now (click to download Word doc):
Charter Table of Contents
Introduction and Chapter 1 – Our Origins
Chapter 1 – The Motivations for our Action
Chapter 1 – The Profile of our Volunteers, Working as a Team, The Organization of the AIC Network
Chapter 2 – AIC’s Vision and Mission, The Foundations of AIC’s Mission: The Gospel and Vincentian Values
Chapter 2 – The Foundations of AIC’s Mission (continued): The Social Doctrine of the Church
Chapter 2 – AIC’s Journey
Chapter 3 – AIC’s Grassroots Actions and Political Action
Chapter 3 – Training of Volunteers and Communication
Chapter 3 – Finances and Legal Framework
Chapter 3 – The Future of AIC, What Should AIC’s Dream Be?
The final document should be ready in time for Easter 2016.
Please encourage your local groups to study these documents carefully. May this work help us on our journey towards our 400th anniversary!
Ed. Note – Some might be interested to compare this work with the original document from 1617
- 1 FOUNDATION OF THE CHARITY IN CHATlLLON-LES-DOMBES
- 2 Charity Of Women (Châtillon-les-Dombes)
- 2.1 Patron and Purpose of the Work
- 2.2 Members of the confraternity
- 2.3 Offices
- 2.4 Admission of the sick and how to assist and feed them
- 2.5 Spiritual Assistance and Funerals
- 2.6 Meetings: their purpose and the order to be followed during them
- 2.7 Administration of temporal goods and rendering of accounts
- 2.8 Elections and leaving office
- 2.9 Common Rules
- 2.10 Personal Devotions
- 2.11 Approval of the Confraternity
- 3 Erection of the Confraternity
- 4 MODIFICATION OF THE REGULATIONS FOR THE OFFICE OF TREASURER