Beatitudes for Advisors (Vincentian Marian Youth)
Participants at the International Meeting of Advisors for the Vincentian Marian Youth (Paris, 2014) composed the following adaptation of the Beatitudes…
1. Blessed are the companions, who know how to be silent in order to listen to the Word of God, they shall enable that Word to resound in the hearts of young men and women.
2. Blessed are the companions who know how to listen patiently, they will instill confidence in others and will know the joy of seeing those other individuals grow.
3. Blessed are the companions who are not scandalized by the personal experience of the young, they will discover God present in their life.
4. Blessed are the companions who know how to love unconditionally, they will reflect the love of God.
5. Blessed are the companions who do not compromise their values, their life of integrity will open the young people to the radicalness of the gospel.
6. Blessed are those companions who transform discouragement into hope, those wounds and hurts will lead to the creation of a better world.
7. Blessed are those companions who are creative and passionate, they will discover new ways to evangelize the youth of today.
8. Blessed are those companions who recognize that their work is God’s work, they will know how to walk beside young people and allow them to be free.
Source VMY Newletter October 2014