August is a month of anniversaries for the Sisters of Charity. A major anniversary occurs on August 7 for the Sisters of Charity of Seton Hill.
On August 7, 1882 Mother M. Aloysia Lowe received the deed from the Bank of Commerce in Pittsburgh, PA for the Jennings Farm in Greensburg. Mother Aloysia with Sisters Adelaide Dunn, Raphael Kane, and Fidelis Ruffner took possession of the property. They were the first Sisters of Charity to reside at Seton Hill. Mother Aloysia had accomplished her task…she had “a home for her sisters.”
See archival photos at Provincial Archives