The Ladies of Charity USA are now on Facebook… and here is your chance to welcome and “like” them!
From their “About” page… “The Ladies of Charity seek every opportunity to make Christ present by serving the material and spiritual needs of the sick, the poor, and the marginalized of our society:
- caring for crack babies;
- working with pregnant teenagers and birthright center;
- working with children in literacy programs and providing scholarships;
- visiting the sick, the aged, and the dying in their homes, nursing homes, and hospitals;
- working with soup kitchens, food banks, and homeless shelters;
- operating thrift shops; organizing local fundraisers to support LOC activities;
- working with restorative justice for newly released prisoners;
- outreaching to abused women and victims of human trafficking; active in state and federal legislative advocacy issues related to the LOC mission; and
- active in supporting “Bridges out of Poverty” programs.
These are among the charitable works of the Ladies of Charity.
The Association, in response to prayer and mutual sharing, seeks to be open to the call of Christ through the Church. Throughout our almost 400 year history, the LOC continues to advocate to change the systems that hold those we serve in the various faces of poverty.
Today, there are 6,400 members in the U.S. and 200,000 members worldwide in 54 countries. The joy of being associated with women dedicated to the mission of Christ in the family of St. Vincent De Paul and St. Louise de Marillac may be yours as a Lady of Charity.”
I am certain this page is going to very active in telling the untold story of what they are and what they do.
See the LCUSA website