The Very Rev. G. Gregory Gay, C.M., a 1976 Niagara University alumnus and Superior General of the Congregation of the Mission, yesterday gave this presentation on the development of a Vincentian “campus culture” in higher education. It was entitled “Hard Work and Sheer Joy: Toward a Vincentian Campus Culture”.
Main points include:
- The transformative power of the Vincentian charism for college students
- How a Vincentian education is different from other models (secular, altruistic)
- How Vincentian universities are a manifestation and continuation of the vision of St. Vincent de Paul
- Common Statement on Vincentian Sponsorship of Universities
- Four keys to developing a Vincentian Campus Culture