The Symposium to be held at DePaul University, Chicago will take place in the Summer of 2015.
The Vincentian Family Commission made this change due to local scheduling difficulties.
The new dates are: June 24 (arrival) to July 3 (departure), 2015 [
Theme: That they may have life and have it more abundantly (Jn 10, 10).
The Symposium will include presentations, workshops, time for study, reflection and sharing of
experience. There will also be opportunities for sightseeing.
Topics of the symposium will include, among others:
- Modernity and Islam
- Western world and Islam: cultural adjustments, legislation, social projects
- Being a Christian in a Muslim context & being a Muslim in a Christian context
- Religion and violence
- How to dialogue with “hardliners”
- Arab Springs: hopes and fears
- The role of Vincentian universities in inter religious dialogue
Simultaneous translations will be available for English, French and Spanish.
The Symposium is open to members of all branches of the Vincentian Family.
Registration will open May 2015.
Updates and details on the symposium will be posted on: www.vindialogue.org