Sheila Gilbert writes…
I am very pleased to inform you that effective Aug. 15, 2013, David Barringer will become the Chief Executive Officer of the National Council of the U.S. Society of St. Vincent de Paul.
Dave brings more than 25 years of experience in both nonprofit and for-profit management to the position, including operational, development, public policy, fundraising, retail and marketing skills. His work history includes positions in healthcare, as well as progressively more responsible positions with Goodwill Industries, a $4 billion membership organization of nearly 200 agencies. Most recently, he served as Executive Director of the COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) Foundation, a $10 million national nonprofit agency.
Some of the more compelling reasons for Dave’s selection as our next CEO included:
- An active, engaged Catholic with a solid knowledge of Catholic social thought
- 20 years of experience working with an organization that has a number of independent units
- Effective branding and marketing experience
- Long-term experience in the recruitment of youth and youth development
- Extensive track record of working with volunteers and finding creative ways to engage people at all age levels
- Remarkable fundraising ability that significantly increased income
- Sensitive and committed to diversity
- Linked retail stores, both large and small, with the mission of an organization
- Success in advocacy; knows and understands the workings in our nation’s capital and has worked with Congressional committees to advance nonprofit-related legislation
A true servant-leader
He has a bachelor of science degree in journalism and public relations, and a master of science degree in general administration (marketing administration), both from the University of Maryland. He is a native of Washington, D.C.
Please join me in praying for Dave’s success as he joins us in our mission.
Yours in St. Vincent and Blessed Frédéric,
National Council of the U.S. Society of St. Vincent de Paul