The following presentation on Saint Louise as a spiritual woman has been taken form a freshly translated article of the same title.
It focuses on the following four aspects of her spirituality:
- a woman inspired by the Spirit
- a woman of prayer and a woman who participated in the sacraments
- a woman inspired by the love of God
- a woman united to God’s providence.
It concludes with the following questions for reflection and sharing.
1] With regard to my experience of God: what can I say about this matter? How do I respond to Jesus’ question: And you, who do you say I am?
2] How can we begin to share our spiritual experiences either in community or in some small reflection group?
3] What place does contemplative prayer have in my ministry? How does my ministry nourish my prayer?
4] Saint Louise lived her experiences in communion with the Eucharist. How is the Eucharist then communion for us?
- 1 Louise de Marillac
- 2 Saint Louise, a spiritual woman
- 3 Questions for reflection and sharing