Digital Discipleship Boot Camp (DDB)is an opportunity for catechetical leaders at all levels to learn the basics of faith-based educational technology and new media. Your diocese, in partnership with INTERACTIVE CONNECTIONS, and the Special Programs and Continuing Education Department at the University of Dayton, is offering this professional development opportunity that will assist YOU in understanding how web-based technology can be integrated into your parish ministries. Digital Discipleship Boot Camp is for parish catechists, Catholic school teachers, Directors of Faith Formation, Catholic school administrators, or anyone with a desire to learn more about technology’s relevance to faith formation.
Your participation will help you…
- Update your technology skills with practical, hands-on training
- Explore safe, free and affordable technology tools
- Learn National Educational Technology Standards
- Creatively apply what you learn to the classroom or catechetical setting
- Excel in the competitive market of education today
- Prepare to lead students, faculty, and catechists to a better understanding and use of web-based technology for faith formation
- Meet other Catholics who wish to remain connected via digital communication beyond the scope of Digital Discipleship Boot Camp
DDB provides you with two options for training and formation:
Pastoral Technology Certificate Level
The Pastoral Technology Certificate level will give you the maximum training and benefit and is the most cost-effective. This level offers a planned series of study designed to give you hands-on experience in Web 2.0 technologies that will enhance your ministry to meet 21st century needs. We will utilize a blended learning format, including both a traditional face-to-face class and webinar presentations. Your creativity will be challenged to design and implement a final capstone project that you will customize for your ministry or classroom. You will receive 2.5 CEUs from the University of Dayton Institute of Pastoral Initiatives at the completion of all work.
Individual Session Level
For those who are already comfortable in a module area or unable to commit to the full schedule, yet are interested in specific topics, you may register for individual modules on a space-available basis. However, priority registration will be given to participants who are interested in completing the requirements for the Pastoral Technology Certificate (Option 1).
Both Option 1 and Option 2 offer a curriculum that includes the following topics:
- Social Networking: Communities for Christ
- Wikis: Interacting, Collaborating and Organizing for Ministry
- Blogging: Sharing My Personal Faith Story
- Digital Storytelling: Evangelizing in the Digital World
- Mobile Devices and Ministry
- 10 Great Ideas for Your Catechetical Classroom or Ministry Using Web 2.0 Tools
We provide the material and training that you will need to learn more about the integration of technology into ministry through Digital Discipleship Boot Camp. Take a moment to review the basic elements of this formative experience that include learning through webinars, blogs, and wiki’s. Our goal is to help you develop a digital mind that is comfortable with using technology in catechetical ministry.
In order to get some idea of how a learning module is designed, view the Blogging: Sharing My Personal Faith Story learning module.