How did the Vincentian Family celebrate the 350th anniversary of the deaths of Vincent and Louise? The international site of the Congregation of the Mission offers a retrospective view of the worldwide celebrations of the 350th anniversaries of the deaths of Vincent and Louise. As part of a special edition entitled “Echos of the 350th Anniversary” […]
Search results for "350th"
For the 350th Anniversary the Sisters from Switzerland and Istanbul held many varied meetings and celebrations. In Istanbul, with the presence of Sr. Evelyne Franc, they celebrated the 170th Anniversary of the arrival of the Sisters in Turkey. A Mass of Thanksgiving was held at the Cathedral with different Christian Communities as well as Turkish […]
National Society of St. Vincent de Paul in Maylasia Members of the Society of St Vincent de Paul from the four conferences in Negeri Sembilan congregated at the Parish of the Immaculate Conception in Port Dickson on Sunday, Sept 26 to participate in a festival assembly and fellowship as a Vincentian family commemorating the Feast […]
The closing of the 350th …”celebration at the Manila Cathedral was truly impressive and awesome. 12 bishops were present plus the Cardinal of Manila and the papal nuncio who delivered very beautiful and touching messages.” Related FAMVIN Posts:No Related FAMVIN Posts
The Jubilee Year of 350th Anniversary of death of St. Vincent de Paul and St. Louise de Marillac came to an end this weekend. Three days of celebrations prepared by Vincentian Family took place in Rome from Friday, September 24 to Sunday, September 26.The following report was put together by Toma Zielinski and published […]
Seventeen hundred people from Vincentian parishes, member of AIC, DC, SSVP, CM and others from the Hualien diocese attended closing ceremonies on August 28th in Taitong city – East coast of Taiwan. Please click the “Read more” link for further background. Related FAMVIN Posts:A DC’s 30 years in Taiwan in 2 minutesGerbils – Thank a […]
The Vincentian family is marking the 350th anniversary of the deaths of St. Vincent de Paul and St. Louise de Marillac with a Mass and day of service and a special collection for Zafen (Creole for “It’s Our Business”), a microfinance project in Haiti. The project allows individuals to invest online to support projects that are administered by Haitians. Visit www.zafen.org for more information.
With program #1 Rekindling the Fire, Beacons of Light (Louisiana Catholic TV) focuses on how our collective experience of Hurricanes Katina and Gustav can help us identify with these two great saints, who lived during the tumult of Europe’s post-Reformation and the Thirty Years War. The Beacons of Light 2010 television series celebrates the 350th […]
“Can you imagine a celebration of the Anniversary of Saint Vincent de Paul and Saint Louise de Marillac without the Poor?” Gene Smith, former President of the SVDP-USA, offers his <a href=http://vinformation.famvin.org/2010/07/celebrating-saint-vincent-and-saint-louise-with-poor-people/ reflections on celebrating with those who are poor.
To celebrate the 350th the Vincentian Family in St. Louis will be recruiting family and friends to serve with them at one of some 15 sites. Thus they will be living out their belief that to be Vincentian is to radiate God’s love through concrete action with and for persons living in poverty. Related FAMVIN […]
Subscribe to Updates
- John Freund, CM: Pope encourages use of images in prayer ...
- marguerite broderick: So happy to see Sr Ellen's artwork here as we beg...
- Beth: It seems to me that Jesus indeed told us to see Ch...
- Sara Howley: Jesus is in glory, seated at the right hand of the...
- John Freund, CM: The gift of a Sister of Charity's life http://ca...
- Update – List of Vincentian Family saints, blesseds February 25, 2014
- People react to homeless Jesus… your reaction? March 1, 2014
- Art and Vincentian prayer in Lent March 4, 2014
- Saturday Study Hall – Trivializing the Vincentian Charism February 14, 2014
- Christians the most persecuted group in the world February 15, 2014
- Getting to know Louise through her letters March 11, 2014
- Vietnamese Vincentian website March 11, 2014
- “Brothers and Sisters, we have work to do!” March 11, 2014
- Sr. Evelyne DC speaks at Vatican conference March 11, 2014
- Thrown in jail for being poor March 10, 2014