A different kind of systemic change project? Many people have heard of the games FarmVille, Mafia Wars, and Zynga Poker. What many people, gamers and nongamers, might not know is that Zynga gamers have raised nearly $3 million for Haiti since October 2009. But as the graphic shows the folks at Zynga are using the funds […]
Tag Archives | Zynga
The creator of Farmville, Zynga, has raised more than $3.6 million for Haiti. Mark Pincus, Zynga’s founder and CEO, calls this “solidarity not charity.” Zynga describes this approach to giving back in this way: “Solidarity not charity is a culture that is not seeking a handout but instead is seeking a partnership, and a culture that had demonstrated by its past that it is worthy of our respect, of our collaboration and our sustained commitment.”
Subscribe to Updates
- John Freund, CM: Pope encourages use of images in prayer ...
- marguerite broderick: So happy to see Sr Ellen's artwork here as we beg...
- Beth: It seems to me that Jesus indeed told us to see Ch...
- Sara Howley: Jesus is in glory, seated at the right hand of the...
- John Freund, CM: The gift of a Sister of Charity's life http://ca...
- Update – List of Vincentian Family saints, blesseds February 25, 2014
- People react to homeless Jesus… your reaction? March 1, 2014
- Art and Vincentian prayer in Lent March 4, 2014
- Saturday Study Hall – Trivializing the Vincentian Charism February 14, 2014
- Christians the most persecuted group in the world February 15, 2014
- Sr. Evelyne DC speaks at Vatican conference March 11, 2014
- Thrown in jail for being poor March 10, 2014
- CM Bolivian Altiplano Mission Advances March 10, 2014
- Healthy and liberating insecurity March 10, 2014
- SVDP partners with Motel 6 March 9, 2014