Nobel Peace Prize-winner Muhammad Yunus visited DePaul University in Chicago recently & met with members of the Zafèn team visiting from Haiti and Philadelphia. Professor Yunus promoted social businesses, which address social issues, cover their costs, but instead of paying dividends to investors, reinvest profits back into the business. VIsit the Zafen Facebook page. Related [...]
Tag Archives | Yunus
Can ground-up “banking for the poor” work in the United States? In Belleville, Ill., a Society of St. Vincent de Paul council thinks micro-financing, pioneered by Nobel prize winner Mohammed Yunus, can. Related FAMVIN Posts:Cardinal’s homily at major Ozanam celebrationFriends of the Poor Walk 2013Saint “doctor-mom” Gianna Berreta MollaSVDP USA Young Vincentian NewsletterBritain celebrates the [...]
Subscribe to Updates
- jbf: For those who follow Pinterest ...
- jbf: For those with Facebook access.......
- Marguerite Broderick DC: Enjoyed this video very much; many thanks for prep...
- jbf: Niagara's "Community Garage Sale"...
- jbf: His reflection questions... 1. How are the Daug...
- Plastic shopping bags – sleeping mats for the homeless May 3, 2013
- The Pope and the Vincentian Superior General April 29, 2013
- Mother and Superior General May 15, 2013
- Daughters of Charity Pentecost video May 14, 2013
- Daughters of Charity at Risk May 12, 2013
- Vincentian Service and Mission opportunities May 18, 2013
- When a school is not a school… May 18, 2013
- Vincent – Like a great fire! May 18, 2013
- The Seven Deadly Sins and The Great Gatsby May 17, 2013
- Vincentian Collaboration in Ethiopia May 17, 2013